March 3, 2014

movies

The Oscars reminded me how few movies I've actually seen/heard of this past year. Which is hard for me to admit, ya know, me being a movie star and all.
yeah, remember me? The Footloose movie star?

Anyways...I've been slacking this year. Minus the whole Frozen epidemic. I have definitely seen that and do definitely sing the songs with my students on the daily.
And talk about silly Olaf.
And talk about how Cinderella's dress is the same color as Elsa's. 
And use our Anna voices instead of our ballerina voices. 
The usual. 

But these movies! These many, many Oscar worthy movies that apparently have not been Emily worthy. I feel so behind. So out of the loop. So out of season.  
Replace shoes with movies. Maybe one day I'll stop talking about all those last season movies. But seriously how great was The Help?! And the Girls with the Dragon Tattoo?! And...The Sound of Music?!?! The hills will always be alive and kickin'.

But after last night I sat down with Mr. Frederick and made a list of movies we are definitely going to watch before our 10th wedding anniversary soon. 

Saving Mr. Banks

Wolf of Wall Street

The Hobbit -- this is an example of compromise in marriage. Because this is Freddie's input. And because I have below zero interest in watching the Hobbit. 

American Hustle

Blue Jasmine

The Lone Ranger

Captain Phillips

Gravity -- also note: I need to start taking anxiety medicine now to prepare myself. 

Despicable Me 1 & 2 -- I have seen these wonderful movies. My husband has not. I figured instead of divorcing him for such a travesty I'll just have him watch them and I'll suck it up and watch them again. Sigh. Life is hard.

Now excuse me but I am off to learn all the dance moves from Pharrell's Happy performance last night. If that 8 year old girl could shake her tail feathers so vivaciously then I can definitely get at least one of my tail feathers to shake. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ross and I did the same thing! We both have off Mondays so we're planning to rent one...or a few...today.

Helene in Between said...

that pic is your claim to fame FOREVER. hold on to it.

Kayla MKOY said...

I still love that you were in that movie! YOU'RE FAMOUS!!! Haha! I cannot believe Freddie hasn't seen Despicable Me 1 or 2!!! Then again, I have yet to see Frozen :(