March 26, 2014

fudgsicles for everyone

Coming back from a vacation is never fun. Or easy. Or any word that sounds appealing. Freddie and I spent last Wednesday night through this past Sunday in good 'ole Georgia celebrating his brother's wedding weekend. Which means I've gotten 2 sisters-in-law within 7 months. High five.

Now I don't know if it's my old age (but, really...) or that I've been away from my family for a good 7 months now, but celebrating weddings and spending 24/7 with family makes me the sappiest lil' lass you ever did see. Which means coming back from this vacation has been especially not fun. And especially not easy. And especially no word that sounds appealing. 

But oh my lanta, weddings! Don't you just love them? How can you not love an evening in celebration of love?! Love love love. I spent 50% of my time this weekend reminiscing about our wedding day. I. Can't. Stop. (Sidenote: how long do you have to be married before you stop trying to relive the feelings and emotions of your wedding day so frequently?! Just let me know the answer because I'm hoping it's at about 8 months so I can return to normal human form soon). The other 50% of my time was spent relishing in the pure bliss of being around our families. I'm waiting for the day when both of our families decide they want to relocate closer to Chawlston... (preferably a day that is sooner rather than later...)

I'll hush up and get to the good stuff. I.e.: the pictures. 
Sike. Not pictures of the wedding festivities. But these are restaurant family festivities so almost as good. 
Fun fact: They never taught us how to take good selfies in school... I missed that period. Fun fact #2: Always rent fancy dresses from Rent the Runway. It'll make you look real fancy. 
And just like that they were Mr. and Mrs. Those happy holy shiz we're married smiles kill me. 
Not to brag, but Weiss people know how to break it down on the dance floor. 
The End. Are you as sap happy as I am right now?

Sow how does one come back from a vacation? Back to regular life? Back to long distance family lovin'? 

I'll answer that question with a story. A story of what one of my students told me yesterday morning. 

I twisted my ankle before. It was when I was at Grammy's house wearing Cinderella slippers and my Rudolph jammies. But then I ate a fudgsicle and I felt all better.

Well, shucks. I guess chocolate really is the answer to everything. I'm off to dive into a nice size carton of chocolate gelato for b-fast in hopes of all post-family vacation blues vanishing. (If only I had some Rudolph jambes...) Catch ya on the flip side. 

3 comments:

Alex[andra] said...

When I have my own wedding, I kind of want you there, just because of how much you love weddings! It's nice to have someone to share the excitement with!

Susannah said...

Awww... I'm glad you had such a fabulous time!!!

Kayla MKOY said...

Isn't time with loved ones like the best dang thing ever?!! I'm so happy you guys were able to get away and enjoy time like that! I think if there's any cure for post vacation blues, it's most definitely chocolate.

And no, the fun feelings and longing to go back to your wedding day well never go away. At least I hope not :)