December 10, 2010

On the second day of Christmas...

Emily and Ann gave to me:

wooden ornaments they colored on their own.

I hope you were singing as you read that. That is one of the rules of reading my blog for the next 11 days. You must sing our version of the 12 days.

Ann was a busy bee today. I don't know why she would plan anything on one of the days of our 12 days of Christmas but whatevs. I'm not the boss of her. I'm just kidding about both with those statements, of course. We all know I am so the boss of Ann ;) Anyways, since Ann is absent most of the day, I had to call in a substitute for her. Enter Mary Caroline. Oh hellooooo.


You know how I said that yesterday's craft was easy? If yesterday's craft was easy, then today's craft is the tiny, wonderful, precious, newborn baby of easy. Here is what you do:
1) Go to craft store
2) Buy a kit with a wooden ornament and markers
3) Go home and color it


DONE!
 

I think we'll be adding glitter to these in the near future. You can't ever have enough glitter. Santa would agree. 

Oops, I forgot to mention one important part.
3.5) Get your collection of colored Sharpies because the colored markers provided are seriously lacking creativity...
These come is handy, um, pretty much for everything. Especially for those fun facts Mom colors and hides in certain people's lunches...

So, there you go. I'm no expert or anything, but I would definitely be more excited if my true love brought home these vs. two turtle doves.

2 comments:

MaryCaroline said...

Thank you for letting me be a guest on Emily and Ann's Twelve Days of Christmas!

ALMP said...

I'm sorry that you chose to do the 12 days of Christmas on the day you knew I was busy. But you two did an amazing job coloring:)