October 28, 2015

all the Halloween feels

It's the Wednesday before Halloween. Two important things of which to take note: 
1) We have not gone to a pumpkin patch yet
2) ^^This means we have not carved a pumpkin yet
although I did cut and scoop a butternut squash last night so I think I've filled my food guts quota for the year. 

Excuse me, three important things:
3) ^^This means that we have not wasted precious pre-Halloween candy eating time with carving pumpkins. More candy = mo' winning at life.

I would say it doesn't feel like Halloween yet, and that's 99% entirely true, and it's not just because of our Jack O' Lantern-less selves. It's because I'm still sweating when I go outside. Remember the terrible, horrible, and sad, depressing story of when I was forced to wear a white turtleneck under my Snow White costume because of the lower temperatures? Yeah well, living in Texas makes me realize that "slutty" versions of Halloween costumes weren't created for the sex appeal as much as they were created by people who live in Texas, and therefore need less clothing coverage on Halloween.

Totally logical, go with me on that. Moving on. 

The reason I say the whole it not feeling like Halloween is only 99% entirely true is because there is that tiny, minuscule, almost invisible 1% of a Halloween feeling lingering around. 

It's lingering in the tiny, minuscule, almost invisible pumpkins on our dining room table.
Halloween decor blog

It's lingering in the burlap-is-where-it's-at Hobby Lobby pumpkin. 
Halloween decor blog

It's lingering around the $1 candy corn banner I snatched up from the Target dollar bins. 
Side bar: snatched definitely equals bought in this and all instance(s). Glad we got that cleared up.
Halloween decor blog

It's lingering with the Fabulous (with a capital F for added important, mmhmm) pumpkins my mom and I glitterified when I was home a couple weeks ago.
Halloween decor blog

And finally, it's definitely lingering in the giant bowl of Reese's Halloween mix. Speaking of, I haven't had my daily fifth serving of Reese's today. The Halloween Horror!
Halloween decor blog

What makes it feel like Halloween to you?

8 comments:

birdie to be said...

I have not done any of those things either... I'm less concerned about carving than I am about getting some Halloween candy in this house! :)

Carly Messmer said...

I have to work on Halloween this year and I'm having trouble accepting that. It's one of my favorite holidays! My schedule is a little weird, so I'm hoping I'll be able to have a little bit of dress up time. Costumes and candy = Halloween for me.

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

Love your fall decor! Our apartment isn't very festive so I don't feel it too much either. I blame it on the wedding and moving. And all the crap all over our apartment due to those two things. At least we'll be in our new apartment that will hopefully still be tidy when Christmas decorating time rolls around.

Kayla MKOY said...

Caleb and I are planning on finally carving our pumpkins tonight or tomorrow! We've NEVER done this together so I'm excited!!! :) I love your candy corn banner. FYI Caleb and I are kind of obsessed with the banner you sent. Burlap = fall perfectness!

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

i don't think i have ever been to a pumpkin patch! i've never carved one. food guts freak me out. i do like me some halloween candy.
it is raining and miserable, i might have to wear a white turtleneck under my costume this saturday. rude, i am trying to be slutty, do you mind, weather?!

Ashley said...

It was pretty warm here today, too. That's the thing about Halloween...some years it's super cold and others it's warm enough for short sleeves. Ahh!

Ok, you know I love those glitter pumpkins. Those are a must. I actually haven't opened the giant bag of candy I bought a few days ago. Mainly because it doesn't have Kit Kats in them (did that on purpose because if they DID have Kit kats in them, the entire bag would be gone.)

Candace Shiflet said...

I'm with you on that one, it isn't feeling super halloweenish to me, either! But we also haven't carved pumpkins so that is probably why! I want to go to a haunted house so bad!! They're just so expensive so it's hard to justify it haha Your Halloween decor is really cute and I'm sure helps with the Halloween vibe :) I love that candy corn banner! And $1?!!!! probably going to go buy one now haha
xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

Joey Hodges said...

I swear halloween has just kind of snuck up on me this year. I prefer it that way since I'm so not a fan of the holiday (you can throw stones, it's okay), but your little touches are so cute!