July 9, 2014

life is like...

Life is just a bowl full of cherries. 
You've heard that saying before, am I right? The thing is... I don't really like cherries so a bowl full of cherries is not something I wish my life to be like. Because that would be gross.

Now a bowl full of peanut butter, extra chunky please, is something with which I could totally get down.
 Life is just a bowl full of super chunk peanut butter.

Mmmm, that sounds better. 
In case you didn't know, last Friday was the Fourth of July. I know you're thinking that the Fourth of July is not as exciting as the Fifteenth of July and you would be correct in that thinking. But....but, but, but...the Fourth is a close runner-up to the day of my birth. Anyways, this Fourth marked the first Fourth I celebrated as an official beach resident. And it was everything you would expect a beachy Fourth to be. 

There were bathing suits and beach chairs involved. There were many applications of sunscreen and toes in the sand involved. There were red, white, and blue fruit kabobs and sandy sammiches involved. Sand! Stop getting everywhere!
 
 
Holy Freckles and Gross Kissing Pictures Batman.
Thanks to Sister Ann for being our holiday paparazzi. 

But the best thing involved? That would be our view for the fireworks.
Bee. Hay. You. Tea. Full. 

So yeah, life at the beach may be hard, but...
 life here is just a view full of ocean, sand, and blue skies. 
And that's the best. 

3 comments:

Erin LFF said...

That second photo.... omg. It should be in a magazine, I'm serious. I LOVE IT!

Kenzie Smith said...

Such gorgeous photos - especially that second one! Looks like you guys had an amazing time :) We want to go to the beach next year to watch the fireworks.

Unknown said...

Actually, July 5th is the best day in July.