July 2, 2014

currently: birthday around the corner edition

It's already 2 whole days into my birthday month (gasp) so from here until July 16 everything on this blog will be birthday related.

I'm only kidding, of course. Only 80% of everything on this blog will be birthday related...
wishing
If I tell you then it won't come true, right? But since I'm all about breaking the rules I'll go ahead and tell you. I'm wishing it was already my birthday so I can be stuffing my face with a chocolate ice cream cake. But...why wait? I'll go ahead and eat some every day this month! Celebration time.
celebrating
America, duh. The two most important things are celebrated during this month: America and Emily. 
wearing
Well, technically I am currently wearing leotard and tights as I head out the door to teach. But for the sake of having a more fun post I'll say I'm wearing all things red, white, and blue. 
cooking
Absotootley nothing. I'm back home with my Freddiehusband which means I'm back to being the couch slob while Freds slaves away is in heaven in the kitchen. Crab legs is on the menu for tomorrow night. Crab legs! I tell ya what. Life at the beach is where it's at. 
planning
Our California trip is right around the corner. Insert all the virtual screams because eeeeeeee!! I really am eeee-ing and squealing over here. I'm attempting to plan the impossible task of what to pack for a Cali trip. I hear this crazy thing I've been carrying around with me my whole Southern life (read: humidity) doesn't really exist in California. So...yeah. That's cool. Not helpful. Now. What do I pack?

How are you celebrating my birthday month? I mean, America's month. 

9 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

CRAB LEGS?! You make crab legs sound like NO BIG DEAL omg... Freddie - please invite me over tomorrow!!! Jealous. Your birthday is so soon!!!

Erin LFF said...

Heck yes girl. Birthdays are MEANT to be celebrated allllll month long! What's life without some partying?! :) I'm already obsessed with stalking your Cali trip, too!

Victoria said...

LOL at the leotard and tights!!! You must teach ballet? :)

Have fun in California. That's the perfect trip for summer!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky that you don't have to cook! My hubby is a better cook than I am, but he doesn't have the time to cook very often.

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Mmmmm, crab legs are amazing and I haven't had them in forever! So jealous. Oh, and happy birthday month! To celebrate your bday, I'm going to be eating lots of good food in honor of you. Starting with homemade guacamole. Nommmmm.

So glad you linked up with us!

Anne said...

You had me at chocolate ice cream cake... going on my wishing list now too, even though we just ended my birthday month :) Enjoy yours (and your trip!), and thanks for linking up!

Sienna said...

haha no it definitely isn't too humid here in California, have fun!!

Lindsay {Typically Late} said...

Happy almost-birthday! :) I firmly believe in birth-months, so do all the celebrating you like!

Stopping by from the link-up.. we both posted about California! I was there in May visiting family. The heat is TOTALLY different from this side of the country - the dry heat is so much more bearable!! Have a wonderful trip :)

JetsettinDaisy said...

Happy early birthday!!! And Cali trips are the best :-)