November 19, 2013

does dexter run like a ballerina?

I meant to write yesterday. I really did, but then sleeping took precedence and well the real culprit of this no-blog streak is Dexter. 

It's hard to believe that this show came out when I was 17. That's a long time ago (she says in her best grandma voice as she gets ready for bed at 8pm) (psst...<<that she over there refers to moi). I was graduating high school and Dexter was just introducing himself as the world's most loved serial killer.
 While Dexter was busy starting to chop up the bad guys, I was busy chopping my legs through the air. A.k.a. leaping. 

All that matters is that here we are 6-7ish years later, Me 'n Dex, and we are getting along just fine. Freddie and I decided we have to be in between seasons when our families get here next week for Thanksgiving. Because no one wants to shove turkey in his or her face faster than candy goes in it on Halloween and tell their families to shush up because Dexter is waiting. 
This year I am grateful for Dexter. Now stop talking.
Our plan means A) we need to finish season 2 by next week, or B) go ahead and speed through seasons 2 and 3. I'm going with plan C) go through seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5 before next Wednesday. Call me an overachiever, but whatever. 

In other just as exciting news...
Our fairly new next door neighbors have started walking around rather loudly. We're talking like Jack and the Beanstalk giant FEE-FI-FO-FUM kind of loud. It's strange hearing the pounding of feet sound coming from next door rather than from up above us (we live on the top floor so that might be a little creepy if the noise was coming from above us. Or maybe South Carolina squirrels are really just that fat). Regardless, the brothers of Jack's giant's footsteps caused me to have a fun addition in my ballet class lesson plans this week: How Not to Walk or Run Like a Ballerina. Lesson #1: Ballerinas need to land as close to, if not exactly, as quiet as a mouse might land in a petit jete. There are no playground runs in my class. 

Playground runs, that's what the girls called it when I demonstrated. I was going for running like a giant, but playground running is kind of samesies when you think about it so we'll run with it. Wink wink. That joke is so punny I didn't even have to italicize, bold, or underline it for you to laugh hysterically, right?!
Right.

Now here we are at the end of a post and all you've learned is that Dexter trumps blogging and mouse running trumps playground running. 

I'd call that one heck of a successful blog post. 

3 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

All your talk about ballerina's make me want to go back to my dancing days!!! I miss them so much! I, too, vote for C) get through every season before next week! I've never watched it but heard its amazing. Ahh what would us old married folks do without Netflix?!

Kenzie Smith said...

Dexter is such a good show! We have the first few seasons that I want to start watching but we have to get caught up on a few other shows first. But, I vote for C!
So neat that you did ballet! I couldn't imagine having such loud neighbors..

Ashley said...

That pictureeeee!!!!! Love! I have a friend that loves Dexter...I've never even seen an episode. I think that everyone should have a lesson in how to run like a ballerina....especially those neighbors of yours!