September 8, 2015

gettin' schooled

In playing Houston visitor these past several days, I have learned a lot about this city. 

Like the #biscuitpaintwall exists and is a thing.

And the beer can house is...just that. A beer can house and not really anything more.

I learned that the Heights is a lot bigger of an area than it sounds when people talk about it, and vintage stores in the Heights are cool. Bro. 

I am now aware that the Motown & More Revue show has been around for twenty years for a reason. The reason being that the show is uh-mazing and spectacular. Even the dog was dancing. Can't wait for year twenty-one. Son.

I learned that my family can kill some Killens Barbecue...

and that Johnson Space Center is pretty cool (but could still learn a thing or hundred from Disney about how to run things) (I was geeking out like no other. Hashtag new space obsession).

I learned that grand slams really do happen in baseball...

And that water walls will make you want to sing Wrecking Ball

And finally, my last bit of recently retrieved knowledge is that yes, you will gain ten pounds by consuming an ungodly amount of Tex Mex with your out of town guests. Or even not with your out of town guests. Just remember: a lot of Tex Mex = a heck of a blobby belly. #worthit

Oh! One more thing I learned. GEORGIA IS SO FAR AWAY FROM TEXAS. I already knew that, but shoot! Already looking forward to the next visit! Who's coming this time?

6 comments:

Meg Taylor said...

Woah! There are seriously SO MANY COOL THINGS to do in Houston!! I've only ever been to Dallas before in Texas, but I'd love to make a trip.

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

it looks like a super cool city with tons of fun things to do :) also, wrecking ball is in my head now so thanks for that.

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

Funny, because that water wall made me want to sing, "Don't go chasin' water walls."

Helene in Between said...

who knew houston had so many cute, fun things to do?! now i need to go find that beer house.

Anne said...

Ah, family visits are the best! All of this looks so fun. And that BBQ!! Can't even see any food left in that picture but I know that it must have looked amazing for what the remnants look like :)

Kayla MKOY said...

Oh my goodness. Can I be like an adopted cousin and come visit with your family next time?! This looks amazing!!! That water wall!!