Correction: I ate mashed purple cauliflower last night, and I didn't hate it. I'd even go as far as to say I kinda liked it. A lot. Toeing the line of maybe loved it.
That's the funny things about marriage, isn't it? (just go with me here...) You do all sorts of things you never thought you would do. All because you have this other person around shoving things in your face saying, Come on! Try it! Try it. I'm serious. Try it. I'm not kissing again you until you try it. Nope. How do you know you won't like it? Oh, you say you've had it before? When? Name the exact place. You can't because you've never had it. Eeeeeemmmmiiiiilllllyyyyy.
^^word for word what goes down in our household on a daily basis. Especially with food. Especially with green food. I have this thing about green foods and it's all green beans' fault because gross.
As I sat there last night. eating this bright purple mash, I couldn't help but think of all the things I have tried (eating and doing) just to appease this person with whom I vowed to spend forever (side note: my vows said nothing about trying weird new things. I'm just nice like that).
- Dragonfruit (ew)
- Lychee (ew)
- Brussel Sprouts (okay then no thanks)
- Call Of Duty (Dear God, why?)
- Any and all card games (aside from Go Fish)
- Mango (Why are you not feeding me chocolate?)
- Long bike rides (bye bye, crotch and legs)
- Zoodles (um, yum! Game changer)
- Avocado (give me all the avocados you have)
- Scallops (also give me all the scallops you have)
- Soda water (this and wine are the only two things I really ever drink. #yesplz)
- Calling offices to make appointments (No, Emily. I am not calling for you) (ugh)
- Watching Dexter and Lost (two shows that made me love them and then destroyed me with their horrible endings) (Still not over it) (And never will be)
- Country music (I still kind of hate myself for knowing all the words for all the songs now)
- Pretty much anything good in life (<<Freddie's words when I asked for his blog input)
He's still working on lamb, golf, camping, coffee, and more bike riding (no, not really, only if it's glamping, double no, and ouch).
I've successfully gotten Freddie to try...watching dance performances. Doing Pilates. And...that's probably about it.
Wait! One time he listened to Justin Bieber's Baby with me. Go team!
Sigh. Time to go eat roasted sweet potatoes with a fried egg on top for breakfast and actually enjoy it all because of Freddie.