June 3, 2015

currently: the summer edition



playing
Okay, so once upon a time I hated country music. And I still kind of do...but Freds listens to it non-stop and I love Freds so yadda yadda yadda (I still don't like it...). I've been catching up on the show Nashville and have these two certain songs stuck in my head. Like you can find me singing one or the other about 22/7. Okay fine, 23/7. They're so catchy! Sing with me!

going
That's a good question, currently link-up. Here's the thing, Freddie and I have been go, go, going since the minute we moved to Texas. We got here and then both have been leaving here for other commitments, so instead of going anywhere right now we are staying--staying and exploring. So by going I mean we are staying and going around Houston. 

wearing
With the help of some wonderful people, I found a Pilates studio here (!!!!) where I can get in my trainee hours so I'm back to wearing workout clothes forever and real clothes for never. I've got my eye on some of these super fancy lace workout leggings. My eye will get more focused on them once the price goes down (so never...), but I'm still looking at them for now because they are pretty.  

sipping
Did you know they make Pinot Grigio Hard Cider? Guess what? They make Pinot Grigio Hard Cider! How rad! I'm not sure who "they" are, but I think they made a great decision when this drink choice was created. Freddie's taste buds disagree. 

reading
Um, can we just talk about how great reading is? Reading is great. Having time to read is great, too. I feel like such a turd saying that. Like if something is really important to you, make time for it, right? Well, I have not been having/making time to read in the past. Lately I have been, and it is the best. If you want to laugh and cry and laugh some more, go read What Alice Forgot. If you want to feel inspired and a little lame because the sound of carrying 50 lbs on your blistered back is a no and then inspired again, go read Wild. I'm having trouble deciding what my next book should be, but I have a feeling it's going to be epic. (I realized that I ordered The Anatomy of Movement from Amazon so technically that is my next book. I told you it was going to be something epic. Wink). 

Linking up with Anne and Jenna!

7 comments:

Anne said...

YES to reading. And I really loved What Alice Forgot - kind of a lighter/chick-lit read to me, but still SO interesting and made me think a lot. And this beverage sounds quite intriguing...

Kayla MKOY said...

Double yes to reading! I love it. I'm right there with you, I just haven't made time for it. UNTIL!!!!! Last night. Caleb and I were that movie couple who read in bed for 30 mins and then fell asleep, and it. was. glorious!!! ;)

Erin LFF said...

I have "What Alice Forgot" on my giant reading-list and can't wait to get to it. But it's like #17 on the list so it may be awhile ;) Enjoy exploring your new area- still cannot believe you live in Houston now!!

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

Pinot Grigio cider?! My favorite wine and cider (my favorite...non-mixed drink alcohol beverage)? Sounds perfect! I read What Alice Forgot and loved it! Wild is on my list...but it's sooo long, so we'll see when or if I get around to it.

Kylie @ Counselor with a Cape said...

Love your blog, I'll definitely be stoppping by more often. :)

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

i still havent read what alice forgot, it's on my list though! i haven't watched nashville either, i've been meaning to start!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Pinot grigio cider? Yes please. I am really curious as to how that tastes!
I'm glad y'all are having fun exploring Houston, and you should definitely splurge on the leggings. Just do it. :)