October 29, 2014

on levels of pumpkin carving

There are a lot of things I can do well.
There are also a lot things I can not do well. 

The older I get the more I realize just how black and white that list of can and can't's really is. 

I can teach ballet.
I can't dance ballet anywhere near the level at which I used to dance.

I can wash the clothes.
I can't remember to get said clothes out of the dryer.

I can eat an endless amount of chocolate.
I can't eat an endless amount of green beans. 

I can cook.
I can't find the want (or need, really) to cook. Thanks for the sushi rolls, Harris Teeter.

I can mop the floors.
I can't get off Instagram in order to have the time to mop the floors.

And so on and so forth. You get the picture. I added a new can(not) to my list as of last weekend. Are you ready for it?

I can carve a pumpkin.
I can't carve it any better than a small child would carve it. 
But wait, don't even look at Jack the Jack-O-Latern's baby face. Look behind Jackie at Rick's face. His focused, determined, don't-mess-with-me face. The face I see anytime he works on a puzzle. Or cooks a new recipe. Or, at my demands, tries to get the Wii to work. 

That is the face of a dude who can do a whole heck of a lot of stuff. Like finish puzzles, and produce delicious dinner creations, and make a Wii work.
Oh yeah, and carve (etch? with a wand?) a mighty sweet lookin' pumpkin. 

Pumpkins of the Lowcountry, I promise I'll try to do better next Halloween.
People of the Lowcountry, enjoy coming to our doorstep and, based off of the pumpkins, assuming a father and his young child live there.

I can (and did) choose a pretty rad husband.
I can't ever get on my husband's (or his pumpkin's) level.

p.s.- I also watched Hocus Pocus for the first time ever this past weekend (like, no way! Shut up! Jaws on the floor) and all I have to say is Ehhhhhhhhhh. All I know is that if 6 year old Emily had watched that PG movie I would have been asking a lot of questions about virgins...

Over and out. 

3 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

THANK YOU! I don't understand everyone's obsession with Hocus Pocus. "Ehhh" is my perfect description hah! And girlfriend, I luhhhh your pumpkin ;) hahah

Ashley said...

Carving pumpkins is SO hard. I think yours actually looks really good!

And I'm the same about a lot of those things..especially cooking. I CAN cook, but ehh. I'm looking forward to the day when I can hire a professional chef to make all my meals.

Your picture width is looking pretty excellent, my friend!

robojoemoe said...

The Moore household did not watch Hocus Pocus. Sorry, fellow 90s kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...