August 27, 2014

365 days

Well, we did it. We survived the first year of marriage. Phew. I think the craziest thing of all about this is now we are in the second year. We can't say the cutesies little Oh, we just got married last summer! bit anymore. We are living in year two (Okay, now you may roll your eyes. Drama queen newlywishwed, over here). 

We decided that since we live in an awesome place (that's not being cocky, that's just being factual) that we would do a lil staycation and enjoy downtown Charleston. What's not to enjoy about staying in a hotel smack dab in the middle of downtown, walking across the street for dinner reservations, and walking down 3 more blocks for dessert and celebratory drinks? The answer is...everything about that is completely enjoyable. 

And it was completely enjoyable. 
We contemplated just moving in because I mean, exposed brick! Plus Freddie's name was already on the bed so dibs and all that.

The bathroom was ginormous and a half but I always feel weird taking pictures of bathrooms. Like, Wow! A toilet! Living the high life. So I didn't take any pictures of the bathroom, but just remember: ginormous. And a half. And yes, there was a toilet. 

It's probably a good thing that Freddie and I don't have cable because we would literally have no friends. And not because we would be in front of the TV all the time and ditch all our friends, but more so because we watch the most ridiculous eclectic shows ever when we sit down in front of cable. I think everyone would disown us. For example, we spent our anniversary staycation TV time watching Lockup, a show that gives you an inside look at prisons all over the US. You really get to know the prisoners. I mean, like whoa. This one guy was the epitome of annoying. It reminded me of some of the games my younger students play except they can get away with it because they are 1 foot tall and cute. This guy was not 1 foot tall and not cute. And I'll stop talking now.

Except I won't.
We managed to pry away from Lockup to put on some fancy clothes.
Story time: We were trying to get a self-timer picture in our room which meant we had a chair on the bed with pillows stacked on it to give it some height. Someone knocked on our door. We opened the door and the maid asked if we would like turndown service. We said no, thank you and as she turned to leave we quickly asked her to take a picture for us. Maid then saw chair/pillow/camera on top of bed set-up and probably wanted to run away from the crazy shenanigans she thought were going on. However, she took us outside and played paparazzi. The end. 

Dinner was delicious and approximately 30 steps away from the door to our hotel room. Ugh, Charleston. Stop making me love you even more. It's really unhealthy. Is everyone chanting Food pics! Food pics! yet? Okay, I'll oblige. 

After dinner we did what any normal Oh-my-gosh-I-still-can't-believe-we-live-in-Charleston couple would do and walked down to the water to watch the sunset.

The rest of the evening included watching a marionette karaoke show (yes, that is correct), dessert bars, and more Lockup (obvi).

Sunday, our real anniversary, was spent sleeping in, eating brunch, walking everywhere under the sun, living room fort building, and visiting the Angel Oak. 

Oh yeah, and eating old old cake. 
And you just officially lived through our first anniversary weekend with us. How sweet.

Year Two, don't worry. We've got this under control. Freddie, don't worry. I've got this wife thing under control (HA!). I sure do love you, your sexy dancer legs, and especially your contagious laughter. 

6 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

You two just about made my little heart burst!!!! That's it, I'm officially moving to Chawwwlston ;) looks like you two had an unbelievable staycatiob weekend. I'm definitely dying over the room you stayed in! OMG! Exposed brick?!! Yes please.

Erin LFF said...

SUCH a perfect way to celebrate! Staycations can be SO fun- especially when you live somewhere as amazing as you guys do! :) Also, I'm totally still weird/newlyweddish and say things like OMG we're in our 4th year now (the day after our 3rd anniversary) hehe!

Veronica Lee Burns said...

happy anniversary! We stayed in town and went to a nice hotel for our first too. It's so fun and we loved it! Looks like yall had a blast too.

I really loved the camera story, hilarious! That is so something that would happen to me and my husband. We're always propping the camera up on things lol.

Allison @ Mrs. Southern Mama said...

I have a SERIOUS addiction to Locked Up. I think I've seen every episode - how embarrassing! Also, happy anniversary!!!

Vett Vandiver said...

what a perfect anniversary, looks like fun & romance!

Rachel G. said...

Happy anniversary!

I have never been to Charleston- but this makes me want to visit so badly! My husband and I also love lockedup (and the likes)