December 16, 2015

scenes around the Christmas home

Iiiiiiiiit's that time of year!
Sing it with me...
When the blogs look the same
Every post you see seems to be titled...
Holiday Home Tour.

Pause the song here so you can relish in the fact that I am also giving you a holiday home tour post because why the heck not?! Christmas decorations are fun, and being nosy and seeing other people's Christmas decorations is equally as fun. 

Christmas in Texas is very similar to Christmas in Charleston. 
Example A: It is 70 degrees outside and does not feel like December.
Example B: It rains. A lot. 
Example C: WHO CARES! IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!

The biggest difference, of course, is that we don't have any snow...y white beach sand to look at, but we could always drive down to Gavelston for some of that. Another difference is that a lot of Christmas decorations here seem to embrace the lone star symbol to some extent. Texans love themselves some lone stars, and I love anything that's Christmas related, lone star or not, so we're all happy here. 

Let's start with the most important item of interest: the tree. This year's tree is named Kandi. With a 'K' and an 'I' because that's how festive, sassy, and fun she is. 
Meet Kandi's shining glory, the party tree topper. Straight up disco-style Christmas celebrating in here. 
Does that sign look like Merry Christnas to anyone else? 
And that's about as decorated as you can get with 600 square feet. Just kidding, we have other odds and ends set out, but these are the decorations I see most often from where I plant my bootay on the couch.
How could I forget Santa Ricky underneath the mistletoe?!
Thank God for PicMonkey Santa hat overlays that make pictures more fun.

We're headed to Georgia on Sunday to spend Christmas there. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Mostly because we can snuggle. And hold hands! And eat cookie dough! And drink wine by the Christmas tree! And snuggle some more! And go look at the two-story Christmas tree and all the local decorations we grew up with!

Did I mention wine by the tree? And cookie dough? Okay, good.

What's your favorite Christmas decor?
Last year's Christmas home scenes here

9 comments:

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I love that believe banner!

Carly Messmer said...

Your place looks great! Haha my house holiday tour would be one picture of our tree. Someday I'll step up my decorating game.

P!nky said...

Your place is so festive and beautiful. I love all the pretty decorations.

Erin LFF said...

Kandi with a K and I is definitely sassy- I bet she knows how to party!!! ;) I love all your decor- everything looks great. Enjoy Georgia and all the festive fun toc ome!

TheNotSoGirlyGirl said...

uau your home looks great! such cute decorations! loved it :)

Meg Taylor said...

Haha that sign totally does look like Merry Christnas!! Your home is so cute, and I am obsessed with the fact that you name your trees. She totally looks like a Kandi. If we had to name ours, I feel like she would be a Nancy.

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

Looove it! I can totally see, "Merry Christnas." Also does that Georgia print (I was going to say I REALLY hope that's Georgia or I'll be embarrassed because I didn't Google it...but I was pretty sure you were from Georgia and you said you were going there so I think I'm in the clear) say, "Fight, win, drink, get naked"? Because lol. Also I love your mirror and that wooden thing with the three different picture frames that's behind your Christmas tree ('wooden thing with the three different picture frames' is super eloquent, no? I didn't know what else to call it!).

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

your tree is definitely sassy. mine isn't even up yet :-| lol

Veronica Lee Burns said...

haha texas does love the star! Put it everywhere! ;) it's fun to hear what people notice moving to texas that is different.