December 17, 2014

scenes around the Christmas home

Christmas time in the Low Country is an interesting thing. If you're dreaming of a White Christmas then good news! The sand on Isle of Palms is a dreamy white color. If you want to conspire by the fire that's cool,
 but you really don't need to because it's 60, maybe 50 degrees out (I won't lie, 50 is cold for me and I turn into a human ice cube). Now, sing with me: Oh, palm trees! Oh, palm trees! How lovely are thy decorated fronds.

You get the idea. Beach time Christmas time is a tad different. But that doesn't mean I treat it any differently. Has the radio been set to the Christmas station since Thanksgiving? You betcha. Are my Christmas jam jammies on my body every night? Yes, m'am. I even add the fuzzy socks and snuggly red blanket to feel really seasonally appropriate. Do I wear a jacket every time I leave the house even when Freddie is wearing a t-shirt? Definitely, because unlike my crazy husband I know that even though the sun is out in Charleston it is not sunny and 75 anymore. Have we driven around ooo-ing and ahh-ing at all the lights and decorations. Yes, because this! Let your heart shaped eyes look at how beautiful Marion Square is!

While I would love to have a 2-story tall lit up Christmas tree in our home, it ain't happening with these confining things some people call ceilings. So here's how we are Christmas-ing it UP in our house... 
I'm counting the new couch as Christmas decor. So festive.  
Target dollar bin bags and homemade tags: no shame in my Christmas wrapping game. 
Even the best pillow ever needs a little touch of Christmas.

My family is coming to Chucktown for Christmas this year, and while I'm sad I won't be doing and seeing all the regular Georgia Christmas things that I love so much (hello, giant Grinch on our neighbor's house, I'm talking to you), I am kind of super excited to go put my cold toes in the sand on Christmas day. 

And yes, as I sit and edit this post I realize how...gray our apartment looks. Holla' at cha favorite color. What whaaaaat!

7 comments:

Russ said...

I can't wait to see your new apartment in person! I was marveling yesterday at all the Christmas touches your Mom has added around our house, and I see you come by it honestly.

Helene in Between said...

i love the gray! your place looks so good. now come over and help me with mine.

Erin LFF said...

So many cute and festive touches in your house- I love 'em! And ohh your couch just looks so snuggly and perfect! I would never leave if that were in my house ;) I bought a huge box of Christmas tags/stickets, unopened, at a garage sale like 2 years ago and we are STILL using them! I think I paid $1 for the whole thing, I love it!

Meg Taylor said...

OMG that "Let's Make Out" pillow is AMAZING!! I love your tree this year and that shelf with all of the decorations :)

Ashley said...

Your new couch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so great.

I love the shelf of Christmas art. That's such a great idea.

Kayla MKOY said...

Okay that couch!!!!!! OMG! Your decor is so stinking cute!!!!!!!

Kelli Gilbert said...

i LOVE your decorations!!!