March 11, 2011

i am learning all the time

A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) I was the ultimate Facebook stalker. Oh, I'm sorry are you laughing at me? Laugh all you want, but I know (knew) everything about you so watch. out. Since joining the blogging world I have been attempting to transfer my CIA secret missions to stalking different blogs. This has resulted in me just finding some really awesome blogs that I can follow and enjoy.

Just ask my mom. I'm always telling her the latest things that my friends have posted. "Emily! There are not your friends! You don't even know them!" Psh, chyeah right Mooooooom. They are so like my bbffs--best blogging friends forever.

Anyways, one of the blogs I have found is Crowley Party. Check it out. Follow it. Love it. Crowley Party is starting a new series called Learn Something. Every Friday we make a list of things that we have learned during the past week. Considering I spend 22/7 with kids and 2/7 watching Arrested Development, I am learning so so so much. (For instance, did you know there is always money in the banana stand? And that Jake and the Never Land Pirates comes on at 8am? [This particular piece of information is very important. I'm not joking--watch it.])

ANYWAYS, lessons learned this week:

  • Jake and the Never Land Pirates comes on at 8 am. 
  • Never give Russ Moore hard candy because you will most likely go deaf from his loud chewing. 
  • If it was 70 degrees and sunny yesterday then it will be 40 degrees and windy today. (Being a Georgia girl, I learned this lesson 21 years ago; however, I always get annual friendly reminders).
  • A can of Pringles should always be a short reach away.
  • There is no point in getting frustrated with my what is or is not happening in my life right now. Guess what? Did you know that life will go on anyways? We'll all float on ok.
  • Cupcakes are so last year. It's all about the self-serve frozen yogurt (with 50+ toppings) nowadays. Canyasay YUMMY?
  • Whale sharks are completely harmless even though they are the largest living fish species. A shark is less likely to attack a human if he/she is in an inflatable bag (because we all carry those with those in our beach bags...). The shark isn't interested in it since it cannot see any limbs. (Thanks to 4 year old Nicholas for being obsessed with sharks, I have read and watched more things about sharks in the past 4 weeks than I have in my entire life).
  • How to knit. Yes, I learned to knit (taught by the fab MC--remember the one who said my blog friends weren't my friends?). And while I start with 30 stitches and end up with 35, or I pull the yarn so tight I can't get another stitch in, I know how to knit and that is all that matters. Next up: how to sew. 
  • Charlie Sheen in a winner.

End scene. Now, go out and get some learning done this weekend.

1 comment:

MaryCaroline said...

I'm already planning more things for you to learn! How to wash windows, how to clean mini-blinds, how to replace ceiling fans. . . . This is going to be fun!