September 4, 2010

Movies, Moores, and Market Mania

This post was going to be all about my wonderful, spectacular, and amazing monthly trip to COSTCO. While I am sure everyone would LOVE to hear that story, I have found some place even more thrilling. The phrase "peeing in my pants" could not even accurately describe my excitement when I entered this place...


WOW! Talk about my new favorite place---this is it. Let me give some more visuals of the aisles and aisles of the yummy goodies found here.

Oh hellllllllllo fruit and vegetables. Come into my buggy , please.





Imagine about 200 more people in this picture, squishing around like frantic sardines. That was more my experience today. WORTH IT.
Anyways, I am now in possession of some magnificent fruits (freshly cored pineapple!!!), vegetables, cous cous, pita chips, mediterranean vegetable bruschetta, goat cheese, chicken and apple and turkey/sun-dried tomato/feta sausages, quinoa salad, greek yogurt, multigrain whole wheat bread, blueberry and cranberry muffins, and...I am so preoccupied drooling with excitement that I simply cannot remember the rest. Needless to say, it was a very fruitful (hehe) trip. Shout out to my Farmer's Market buddies: MC, Ruth, and Mary Ann. Nothing ends a trip to the farmer's market better than a (GIANT) treat from Southern Sweets.

Ruth and I destroyed a piece of this beauty.

In other news, around 11 pm Friday night I finished my week as a "movie star." There is so much to say from that experience---the movie and my stay with Granddaddy Ray and Nonny. However, I will have to dedicate a later post to those stories instead of taking the limelight away from my sweet DeKalb Farmer's Market. Stay tuned for some insides on the glamours of stardom ;)