July 26, 2016

catch-up not ketchup

Whenever I come to this space I feel like I have to write something awesome. Something thought-provoking. Something important with a sprinkle of I'm-not-trying-to-be-funny-yet-somehow-I'm hilarious. I always accomplish this subtle hilarity, I know I know. Wink. 

But you know what? There are other times when I just really want to write about how dang cute my dog is, okay? Okay. 
 Oh look! It is my dog who is so dang cute! Let's talk more about this!

A lot has happened in the twenty-eight days since I last posted. <<That is me completely owning how long it has been since I wrote on here. I will now give you the world's quickest photo summary of what those twenty-eight days included...

One of my best friends, who also happened to be my college roommate, got married. It was probably the most personal wedding I've ever been to, and yes, I did cry. You would have too if you have been there.

We vacationed in Chicago and drank a lot of wine. In related news, we also ate a lot

My birthday happened, no new grey hairs have been found, and I got to celebrate birthday week with Wi! We were too busy having fun to take a better picture than this gem. 

In case you were wondering, we still haven't gotten a bathroom counter tray or a floor lamp, but we did finally hang a few things. 

I took a very unplanned and unexpected trip home for a couple days last week, and I think I spent 90% of the time tearing up over how wonderful family is. 

We went beach camping in the Texas summer for a friend's birthday which despite the feels like 109 degrees was insanely fun. 

That brings us to today. Today will consist of me doing laundry, taking more pictures of my cute dog, and possibly unpacking some more of the new apartment because I finished teaching at 7am this morning. 

Today will be a great day. Because I said so.
What have you been up to in the last twenty-eight days?!
SaveSave
SaveSave

3 comments:

Lauren Honeycutt said...

I went to Chicago, too! #allthefood!!!

Ashley Lillis said...

Your Chicago trip looked like so much fun, and weddings of good friends are always the best even if they are super emotional. And yes to all the pictures of your cute pup! I think that I need to start posting more of Dart! I can't believe that you went camping, on the beach, in the Texas summer! I'm glad that y'all survived because I probably would have checked into a hotel room lol

Jen said...

Your pup is adorable!!!! :)