April 9, 2015

bigger news for a bigger state

Something crazy happened last week. Something really, really crazy.

We found out we are moving to Texas!
WHAT.
Let's back up. Way, way up. Because this kind of crazy is huge crazy.

I wanted to come up with a clever way to announce to the world that we are moving in approximately three weeks. I feel like people expect that from me, ya know? Cleverness. Or maybe no one at all expects that from me other than me? Who freakin' knows.

I'm talking 'bout something clever like...

Trading in our bathing suits for cowboy boots!
But Freddie said he's not getting rid of his bathing suits so...

Then it was...
 Trading in gnats for cowboy hats!
But Freds said since gnats are bad that makes cowboy hats sound bad.
Yes, sir. Moving on.

Then it was a lot of other options. 
Finally Freds settled on...
 All my exes don't live in Texas and neither does Emily. Guess which one of these things is about to change?

Lovely. 

Anyways,
we
are
moving.

My brain has not processed any of this yet, in case you were wondering. But let's get to the story. Story time! Come sit on the story mat! 

Once Upon A Time we went to Houston so that Freddie could have his in-person interview. Fast forward to Tuesday of last week when Freddie's car broke down after work so I flew up to his work to pick him up so he could drop me off for my final dress rehearsal. Phew. There we were, speeding through downtown Charleston so I wasn't late for my call when Ricky got a call.

A call offering him this dreamy job. This job that he has been pining after for 3+ months. This job that we were almost so certain would not happen. And there it was, the offer. Freddie put his phone on mute and said something about how he would hate himself if he didn't accept it so wham bam, thank ya m'am. He accepted. About 60 seconds later I had to jump out of the car and run in the theater. So we sat in the car and did a real, quick OMG WE ARE MOVING WHAT IS HAPPENING SQUEAL. And that was that. That was how we processed/celebrated this news. My show opened and took over every free second, Freddie got sick and then my parents came into town and now we are at the end of another week. Which means a week closer to moving.
a midnight omg/what/in-shock toast

We
are
moving.

Freddie
got
the
job!

We have no idea where we are living, or how we are getting to Texas by the end of the month, or what day we need to be out of our apartment here. Or anything really. We know nothing. Except that we are about to embark on one big ol' adventure and I am so, so excited to do it with my Rick Rick. My smarty pants, fancy pants, get the job kind of dude.

Life is funny and I can't wait to laugh it up with Freddie deep in the heart of Texas.
This is what our living room currently looks like.
See ya soon, Texas. 

6 comments:

Nicole | Pharr Away said...

Awesomesauce, such exciting news! It sounds crazy and exhilarating and fun in all the right ways. I pray you two are able to transition smoothly and that you enjoy getting to know the state, and the people in it!

Kayla MKOY said...

OMG OMG OMG. I'M SO EXCITED! You two are amazing. Yayyy! Congrats to your man! I'm pumped for your new adventure!!!

Anne said...

Wow, congrats! That's exciting. Good luck with the big move!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the man for the new job. This is so exciting! Also, I love that first picture of the states in the sand. :)

Emily Carnes said...

I'm so excited for y'all!! Texas is a wonderful state...Andrew and I lived there for a year after we graduated from undergrad. :)

The Lady Okie said...

That's so exciting! Texas is pretty great! I think you'll like it :)