December 9, 2016

friday favorites: the all things tex-mas edition

Deck the blogs with lots of Christmas related posts
Fa La La La La La La Laaaaaaav-ly

If I could just read and write all things Christmas related blogs year-round then you could definitely count me in for the 5x-week posting type of blog gal. But since my following would drop from fifteen to about six I'll stick to just posting Christmas related things for the next five two weeks.
Favorite Christmas Song //
Picking just one would be too hard (okay fine, Silent Night), but I will tell you my Favorite This Is Not A Christmas Song song: My Favorite Things. Yes, the song from The Sound Of Music. And also yes, you are correct, The Sound Of Music is definitely not a Christmas movie. 

Why in the world did this song get on all the holiday stations? Is it because it talks about packages tied up with string? How did the put-on-holiday-playlists people know that this is a Christmas package that the song is talking about? They don't. You don't. We don't. No one knows that. For all we know they are talking about a birthday package. Or a graduation package. Or a hey-it's-a-Tuesday-so-enjoy-this-package-tied-up-with-string package. 

Favorite Christmas Tree //
Forever and always the giant tree my family gets every year (pic above, duhz). God bless weird Brady Bunch looking houses with tall ceilings. Tall ceilings = taller Christmas trees. 

Favorite Santa //
Oooooh, another hard one. If you were to ask Freddie this question he would say the Billy Bob Thornton Santa from Bad Santa. That makes me want to cry and not associate myself with Freddie anymore so for the sake of my marriage we will A) not ask Freddie this question and B) go with either the Santa who gives Kevin Tic-Tacs in Home Alone OR Tim Allen from The Santa Clause. But only once he's fattened up and orders a sundae at his work lunch meeting. 

Favorite Ridiculously Wonderful Christmas Song //
I worked at Gap for a holiday season, and this ^^ song would play all. the. time. It's my Christmas jam for sure. Listen to it once and I promise (with the strength of at least fifty pinkies) that you'll never forget it. 

Favorite Christmas Vacation Moment //
This is the part of the post where I admit that I never watched Christmas Vacation growing up. Never. Freddie views this movie as kind of a rite of passage into the holiday season meaning it's not Christmas until you've watched Christmas Vacation at least three to four times. Needless to say I've seen it a lot. Probably just as much if not more than I would have seen it if I had actually grown up watching it. This all leads me to my point---my favorite part(s) of that movie are any and all parts in which Uncle Eddie gets to talk. 

The End. 


Happy Christmas-y Friday!
Linking up with Karli and Amanda

6 comments:

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

I never saw Christmas Vacation growing up either and Michael thought that was a travesty! Now I've seen it once or twice. Also I'm listening to that Ricky Martin song because I had never heard it before. I think my favorite Santa is the Santa from Miracle on 34th Street (the newer one).

Sarah said...

Yes for tall ceilings and huge trees! Our tree is 9' and I looove it!

Kayla MKOY said...

That's funny because I grew up not having really seen the "Vacation" movies either! Caleb thinks I was robbed of a childhood ;) haha! Love this favorites post, girl!

Ashley said...

Ok, I'm pretty sure I've never heard that Ricky Martin Christmas song...hah!! I need to listen to it now!! Also....amazing giving a shout out to the Tic-Tac Santa from Home Alone...yes!

The Siberian American said...

I love huge Christmas trees! We had one growing up, and it was so beautiful. I've never thought about my favorite Santa. I need to think about that! Haha.

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Okay but I'll blog with you all year about Christmas and then we can put all of our six followers together and twelve isn't too shabby....hahaha.